Saturday, March 2, 2013

Rocking Chair Cushion Redo

My Pap Pap had made a special, one of a kind, rocking chair for my second born, back in 2003.

He was a very crafty man, 
he flew planes in World War 2, and then ran his home like a tight ship! 
He then drove a school bus, 
and when he retired he built MANY things around his home for his loved ones. 
From Adirondack chairs, to bird perches, little trucks, 
which I also received, 
and so many little things that I can't even recollect :) 

He has since passed away, 
but this special chair has been in our home since.


I love the extra special touches he added to it!

It is hard to believe it has been 10 years since I received it from him!!!!!


It has been very loved and has been sat in by both my youngest children quite often. 

The little rug seat was just not cutting it, it was time for a change...

I think I kept it the way he made it because I thought it was cute, 
not anymore :)


I wanted to paint it but my daughter liked the "antiqued" look to it 
and the original paint strokes made by my late Pap Pap...

I added some extra padding for comfort and them stapled some fabric that had once been a curtain to it. 


I love taking something that was once something else and turning it in to something else as something "new"!!!

  Check out the before and After pictured below and let me know what you think.



Do you have something special in your home that could use a little love?!
 I hope I have inspired you to add your own special touch and renew something you love!! 

Be inspired and peace be with you :)

Jamie Leigh

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Love the pink fabric way better than the old carpet remnant. No offense Pap!

    ReplyDelete