Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A new coat of paint


It is a beautiful spring day in Georgia, 
and it has been freezing cold for the past few days, so the fact that I had arranged to paint at my cousins new home today was perfect!
We were able to open all the windows and enjoy the lovely day.

When I was growing up my cousins lived only 20 minutes away in a quaint neighborhood, it was practically my second home for years.  
Then through the years and different life circumstances they no longer had a family home in the quaint little neighborhood, 
until now.  

One of my cousins has moved back in with her family of four :) 

It was quite a surreal feeling driving back into that neighborhood after 20 years to paint her older sons room.

Here is the room before, a beautiful green color, 
but since this room was going to belong to a 4 year old sweet little boy that had a different color in his previous home, this just wasn't going to work!

So I got busy, taping off the room, one of my favorite parts of a paint job...

except when it comes to a popcorn ceiling...






This is when my daughter called me and asked when I would be home.....

So I texted her a photo of my progress,
 then she texted back and asked which one was the new color?  
Such a good question :)



Here it is after the first coat of paint!! SO much brighter already
and it matches the bedspread better too!!




This adorable little alcove is perfect for a little bookshelf and that door leads to an attic space that will one day become a FANTASTIC playroom for two sweet little boys
AND cousins to play in!!!!



Although it was a little difficult to put the tape on the ceiling it made for a beautiful finished job!!!

Here it is after THREE coats of paint, I LOVE it!!!!! It is so fresh and clean!!! 


I am looking forward to seeing how she puts it all together over the years!


No comments:

Post a Comment