Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Homemade Laundry Soap

A neighbor of mine, gave me a jar of homemade laundry soap about a month ago.


 I was a little skeptical to use it, at first, 
because it said to only use 1 tablespoon full per load. 
I thought,  now how is that going to clean all of these clothes?!

BOY am I glad I tried it out! 
My clothes have NEVER been cleaner or smelled fresher,
 and that one jar has lasted me one month!!!

I am about to run out, so today I  made some more,
and I thought I would share it with you.


Ingredients
  • 1 Box of Super Washing Soda 3 lb. 7 oz.
  • 1 Box of Borax 4 lbs 12 oz. size
  • 1 Box of Pure Baking Soda 4 lb.
  • 3 bars of Fels-Naptha 5.5 oz. or you could also use Ivory or Zote soap
  • 1 container of Oxy-Clean 1.3 lb ($3.86)
  • *optional: Purex Crystals 28 oz. for scent (or you could use Downy un-stoppables)

NOTE: I chose not to use the Purex crystals, 
I wanted an unscented detergent, due to skin sensitivities.
Instructions
  1. Finely grate the Fels-Naptha. Mix all the ingredients together and store in container of your choice. Use only 1-2 Tablespoons of detergent per load.


Doesn't it look like cheese?!

Look at how much I have now!!!
Ready to share with others, 
so they can be inspired to make their own laundry soap!



I will never buy regular laundry detergent again.....
This cost me $17 to make...and it will last me through the rest of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment